Wednesday, October 19, 2011

What do you wish to make time for?

     It is Wishcasting Wednesday again, and Jaime Ridler Studios has posted another thought provoking question.

     Time seems to be something we never have enough of, and so far man has not discovered how to make more of it.  We spend time wishing we could go back in time to change the things we regret, correct mistakes, or bad decisions.  When we are young, we spend all our time wishing we were older.  When we get older, we spend time wishing we could be younger.

     This past Sunday, my uncle ~ my father's twin brother ~ died of the same disease that took my father in 2007.   The last words my father had time to say to me were "I wish we had talked more."  After his death, Uncle Ron became a surrogate father to me, making time to talk to me daily until his own health began to worsen and he no longer had the time to talk as we once did.

WeHeartIt
     My wish for this Wednesday is that we all make time to talk to those we love.  Time to spend giving hugs.  Take time to listen.  I wish we had more time....

8 comments:

  1. Oh, such a bittersweet post. So sorry for your losses. Sending you a BIG hug.

    As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loss of significant others teaches us how to live well if we listen. ~ As you wish for yourself I also wish for you ~ thanks, namaste, Carol (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. What a precious gift you give... I have been thinking I don't talk to my parents enough. Thank you for the inspiration and the generous wish today.

    As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you also.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! We all need to take more time to talk to those we love because time is such a special commodity and we spend it doing some rather unmeaningful things some time.
    As you wish for yourself, so I also wish for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome wish! As you wish for yourself, so I also wish for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. so true!

    As you wish for yourself, I wish for you also!

    ReplyDelete
  7. As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you also.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, spending time with loved-one's... very important!
    Time does slip away... great wishing here :]
    As you wish for yourself, I wish for you as well.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and reading my words...

All comments are moderated, so they will not appear immediately.