Friday, December 9, 2011

Finally Friday... holiday baking...

     I'm thinking of dusting off the Springerle roller that I bought on my Christmas trip in 2007 and cookie cutters this weekend.  It has been many years since I've dug out my grandmother's recipes for Lebkuchen, Pfeffernusse, and Springerle cookies.

Springerle

Lebkuchen

Pfeffernusse


     But I've found some pictures of cute sugar cookies that look like they would be more fun to make.

     I wish my step-daughter, nieces and nephews were closer.  We would have a blast making these!

     Christmas is about giving... sharing... believing... laughter... love... and sometimes finding it all in the warmth of a kitchen that smells like fresh baked cookies!


     I'm hungry!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and reading my words...

All comments are moderated, so they will not appear immediately.