Wednesday, December 21, 2011

What is your winter wish?

     The sun was coming up on my way into work this morning, making the sky go from red to pink to peach against the dark grey clouds.  It made me think of a saying I learned long ago... Red sky in the morning, sailors take warning.  Red sky at night, sailors delight.

     Thinking of that brought me back to last night's conversation with Mom and the two of us laughing hysterically as we tried to recite two poems my Dad taught us several lifetimes ago.

Once a molicepan saw a bittlelum,
sitting on a surbingctone,
chewing gubberrum.
"Yum!" said molicepan,
"Won't you give me some?"
"Not by a sarn dight!"
said the bittlelum.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Maresey dotes,
and goatsey dotes,
and little lambsey divy.
A kiddle divy too,
wouldn't you?

     Thinking of laughing with Mom made me think of laughing with David later in the night as we played Yahtzee and kitchen danced to The Beatles, Santana, and Billy Currington.

     When I thought of Jamie's prompt for this Wishcasting Wednesday, my first thought was that I wish I never had to spend another day in Texas.  But watching the sun rise, remembering my Mom's laughter and how good it felt to laugh and dance with David last night...

     My winter wish today is to always find reasons to laugh... especially when it seems like there are no reasons.

5 comments:

  1. My friend sent me this link to a video of laughter taking over a whole train car of strangers that you might like: http://www.buzzfeed.com/daves4/strangers-laugh-uncontrollably-together-on-the-tra

    As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet memory!!
    Laughter, yahtzee, dancing (with my dad to Laurence Welch!) were all part of my childhood into middle adulthood!! & singing by the Piano with my dad (gone 19 years, my mom 7) ...
    The way we sang the second was:
    Mares eat oats
    & does eat oats
    & little lambs eat ivy
    A kid-'l' eat ivy too,
    wouldn't you?? (it was run together, so sounded like what you posted)

    May laughter be yours! As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laughter is important! :]
    As you wish for yourself, I wish for you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute stories. May you always find the laughter.
    As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you also.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet and heartwarming stories!
    As Cindi wishes for herself so I wish for her also.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and reading my words...

All comments are moderated, so they will not appear immediately.