Wednesday, January 11, 2012

What do you wish to reclaim?

     This morning's prompt from Jaime Ridler's Wishcasting Wednesday post really woke me up.  My first thought was that I wished to reclaim who I once was... the me before this move to Texas caused me to doubt myself.

     But then I realized that person didn't exist anymore nor did I even want to be that person anymore.  The me before Texas still had doubts and fears... otherwise I wouldn't have taken this job or made this move.

     What I might wish to reclaim is something I don't even remember losing, but is something that Texas has shown me about myself.  I can't reclaim it, because I've never really claimed it.

     Texas made me sure of what I didn't want in my life... and I don't remember a point in time when I stopped knowing what that was... or what I wanted in life.

     I wish to claim... to reclaim... my confidence, my strength, my knowledge of what it is I want in life... and the strength and courage to go after it.  I wish to claim... and reclaim... who I am.  Not who I was, but who I will be.  The me that is yet to be, the one who looks back at this time of growth and reflection and says... "I have come out on the other side and survived.  I am stronger, wiser, and know what I want in life and not only am I going to go after it... I'm living it now."

     As I wish for myself, so I also wish for you...

16 comments:

  1. Very good wish. I feel like you. As Cindi wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As you wish so I wish for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great wish! As you wish for yourself so I wish for you also.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that was awesome. I wish the exact same for myself! As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you (and me).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the picture and the quote and what a wonderful and insightful wish. As you wish for yourself so I wish for you as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! What a powerful wish. As you wish for yourself so I wish for you also.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes - awesome pondering & reclaiming!
    Recently a friend posted that she was working on figuring out what SHE enjoys doing - that in the past, she's done things because her hubby (x) or children want .... your post reminded me of that.
    I love your comment on my post about FSS - yes!! I have that, too - piles of this & that on EVERY surface, unless I've just cleared it!!

    As Cindi wishes for herself, so I wish for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have made the same move but to Virginia from my former home. I made this move on my own and am so glad I did.

    As you wish for yourself, I also wish for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! I love the quote also. :)
    As you wish for yourself, I wish for you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great wish, picture and quote! As you wish for yourself I wish for you too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I so love the Thoreau quote - seems we are working on the same 'stuff'.

    As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you as well <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. As you wish for yourself, so I also wish for you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cindi,
    I'm not for sure if it's our name or ?, but yes, claiming our lives, instead of "reclaiming" is something I feel also. As you wish for yourself, I wish for you also.

    ReplyDelete
  14. As you wish for yourself, I wish for you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great wish! As you wish for yourself, so I also wish for you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. As you wish for yourself, so I also wish for you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and reading my words...

All comments are moderated, so they will not appear immediately.