Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Bioluminescence...

Bioluminescence in Vancouver
     Another blog I follow, Maxabella loves...., posed a question this morning and for some reason something popped into my head that I hadn't thought about in 30 some years.

     She asked what we wished we could see forever of the things we've seen.

     There was a night in Florida once when I was walking along the beach and I lucked upon some bioluminescence in the waves.

     It was magical, mysterious, and incredible to see.  I'd never seen anything like it before.

     I don't know why that image came to mind this morning.  Perhaps because I needed to be reminded of the magic and mysteries of life.  That sometimes there are things we've seen that come from things we've not seen.  That prayers, spoken and unspoken, are sometimes answered.  That sometimes things happen for reasons we won't ever know, but they put us in a place to receive something better than we've expected.

     Walking on the beach that night, talking to God, I wasn't "looking" for anything.  But what I found was so much more.

1 comment:

  1. And sometimes we need to stop and just let beauty wash over us. Thank you, this is a truly beautiful image. It is not something I have seen myself, but I would love to.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and reading my words...

All comments are moderated, so they will not appear immediately.