Friday, February 17, 2012

Blogs I follow... tho not necessarily the weird ones...

     Eden Riley on that big island continent down under is asking  for our favorite bloggers.  There seem to be several I follow faithfully, but for various reasons....

     Edenland certainly tops my list just because she is so freakin' honest in all that she writes.  She is raw, and "there" and I've been "there" too. 

     I love to read The Yellow Prose of Texas just because she is so right on the money in her portrayal of Texans and all their quirks.  And they are a quirky bunch.  Terrible drivers too.  I never had an issue with road rage before I came to Texas, and now it seems to have become a problem for me that I should truly seek out a 12-step program to resolve.  Except, I'm sure I would run over my sponsor in a heartbeat.

     I've also started to read Pearl, Why you little... because I just haven't figured out yet if she is really creative, insane or if her cat truly talks to her.  Either way, it brings a smile to my face because if cats could talk, I could imagine some of the ones I had having the same conversations with me.

     Chris at Serendipitous is such an awesome photographer that I love these glimpses into her world.  Especially her photographs of wild birds.  For some reason, they give me such a peaceful feeling, and I miss having birds and feeders in my back yard.  If I couldn't have a fish tank of tropical fish to relax and hypnotize me during the day (and I don't, which also explains why I'm so stressed most of the time) I could sit at a window and just watch the birds at a feeder all day.  I don't have one of those either, but one of these days I will again, and cannot wait for the hummingbirds to begin to arrive.

     I pop in to read Toni's comments at ChickChat because I think we are secret soul sisters, and if we ever met, Australia would never be the same... the trouble we could cause... I wonder if Australian jails are more comfortable than Texas ones?  Not that I've seen the inside of a jail anywhere, but there is always a first time, and while it isn't on my bucket list... I could pencil it in near the bottom.

     Amanda at Unfolding Creatively just makes me jealous with all of her talents, compassion, and bravery.  I've wanted to visit India since reading my first M.M. Kaye novel The Far Pavilions!  But her artwork is so inspiring, empowering, and positive.  I love the piece I won from her and have it featured prominently in my writing room... where I don't spend enough time writing my next novel.  I do spend far too much time blogging, however, so perhaps will just one day put all of this random babble in print.

15 comments:

  1. This is a great idea from Eden, as I go through the link ups I am finding more great blogs. Love reading about what makes people connect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. Some more blogs to look into. More time spent in the blogosphere. Oops.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of new ones for me here, Cindi (including yours!). I think Eden's meme is great this week because recommendations are just so fab. Have a great weekend. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you come to visit me, chook, I'd rather we DIDN'T end up in jail. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree, Toni! Is table dancing illegal in Australia?

      Delete
  5. Lots of new ones for me too. I'm officially opening up a document to paste all of these into!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cindi, thank you for opening my eyes wider than our parochial blogging world here down under. I am looking forward to checking these out. I have really enjoyed reading your blog via Eden's link up in the last few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx so much, Deb! I have really enjoyed all of the Australian blogs I've been reading also!

      Delete
  7. Toni is awesome and has great taste in Television Doctors.
    Going to check out unfolding creatively now. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that we find so many bloggers that inspire such awe in ourselves. Good choices

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aside from Edenland, I have not heard of the others, looking forwards to checking them out

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cindi and Toni ... I propose the three of us do some semi-nekkid table-top dancing somewhere and get arrested and put in a holding cell for a coupla hours. See EXACTLY whose jail cells are bigger.

    Thanks for linking up, Cindi. That Pearl blog is amazing!

    xx eden

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like an interesting challenge... tho I'm sure I'd turn people to stone if there was any semi-nekkidness involved.

      Delete
  11. Ok but I gotta warn you, my track-record with dancing so far is kinda dismal.

    Eccentricess -- MWAH! thankyou.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and reading my words...

All comments are moderated, so they will not appear immediately.