Friday, February 17, 2012

Five on Friday...

Monday ... back at work, I changed my hours to a straight eight schedule.  I'll miss that three-day weekend every two weeks, but the trade-off is worth it going home an hour earlier each afternoon and miss all of the afternoon traffic that turns a five minute drive into a 45 minute road rage trip.  Actually... I won't miss it at all!  I did the math ... I was losing six hours a week to road rage, and maybe another four hours trying to unwind from it in exchange for a three day weekend every other week.  I think I'm actually going to gain a year or two of life by not working that 9/80 schedule!

Tuesday ... I got a beautiful hand painted canvas for Valentine's Day from my husband, and a heart-felt hand-written card.  Worth more to me than anything bought in a jewelry store, flower shop, or Hallmark card store.

Wednesday ... chillaxing on the boat at sunset ... listening to the starlings and grackles chatter as they settled in for the night ... laughing so hard at the guys cutting up while fishing I almost choked (in a good way) ... a quiet romantic evening of candles and firelight.

Thursday ... surprise that the word "chillaxing" passed on spell check ~ Webster must be spinning in his grave ...

Friday ... came home from work and took a much-needed nap.  Woke to some delicious homemade spaghetti and a clean house!

3 comments:

  1. An impressive list of pluses in your life. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've reminded me how much I miss the sound of starlings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS - not to mention missing someone cleaning my house for me!!! x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and reading my words...

All comments are moderated, so they will not appear immediately.