Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Full Snow Moon...

     Jamie Ridler prompted us at the end of January: "It’s the New Moon and that means it’s time to start gathering your images and inspirations for your next Full Moon Dreamboard. What a potent time we will be creating in as this new moon marks the beginning of the Lunar New Year and start of the Year of the Dragon. Let the bold, passionate dragon be your guide as you begin your preparations. As you journey from here to the Full Snow Moon, look below the surface. Peer through the fears and past the inner critic. Ask your heart, “What desires lie deep within? What dreams lie beneath the cold, deep snow?” Let your dreamboard answer."


     My dreamboard this month is simple compared to last month. My desires have changed, narrowed, refined.
     Enter the Year of the Dragon, and a time for me to put on my armor and slay the beast that puts fear in everyone's heart. 
     Financial security still remains as a constant desire, but also self-employment as a writer.
     A farm in NC close to my mom and other family members, and big family dinners filled with laughter and love.
     As I work through living a mindful year, wishcasting, and dreamboards... I'm realizing that those things that are most important to me aren't 'things' at all... but memories, times, and the people I share my life with...

21 comments:

  1. Increasingly I am finding it is the small 'things' which matter: a sunrise, a sunset, a rainbow, a walk around the garden .... And of course good chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. May your heart whispers roam to the moon and return a reality:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love how you worded this! "heart whispers roam to the moon..."

      Delete
  3. Our dreamboards are really changing with us. Wonderful board. May all your dreams come to pass.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simple yet powerful! Wonderful Dreamboard!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tery! I haven't been dreamboarding for long, but like how it makes me focus!

      Delete
  5. What a great dreamboard, especially with the farm in NC!! Can I have bunnies, cats and dogs? I'll need one with a small fishing pond, a small wooded area so I can put up tents to camp out. Oh yes, the farm house must have a nice long porch and lots of rocking chairs. See, I was dreaming too, as you said it "the farm" would be close to me!! Oh well, nothing wrong with dreaming. LYL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Mom, you can have bunnies. Cats and dogs are a given. Goats too. There will be a large catfish pond with a tent/cabin (tent roof with log short walls around & a solid floor) for you to camp out ~ you probably won't want to sleep on the hard ground, but you can pretend on the cot as you watch the stars from the open tent flaps. We can have bonfires and roast marshmallows to eat smores until chocolate drips from our chins. The farm house will have a wrap around porch so you can sit in any direction and watch the sun set or rise or the trees change to fall colors, or spring blossoms. Of course, it will have a tin roof so that when it rains we can fall asleep to the sound of it in our rocking chairs as the smell of the rain mixes with the sweet scent of our raspberry tea that we sip while we watch the storm. That is the power of dreaming... and dreamboards... anything and everything can happen. LYL2

      Delete
  6. I love the sentiments of your board, I always choose memory making moments over things, things break, go out of fashion etc. Beautiful memories remain for a lifetime!

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue ~ yes, things can be replaced but memories do last forever... even past our own lifetimes as we pass our stories down the generations!

      Delete
  7. May your dreams and heart's desires manifest in your life. I like how you worked in the dragon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susie! When I found the picture it was just too cute to not include!

      Delete
  8. When a tornado destroyed our town, I heard so many times that people's "memories were gone"... I tried to tell them that objects and "things" weren't memories, memories were in their minds and their hearts... too many people don't understand that...
    Beautiful board... and I'm thinking that SOUTH Carolina may be in MY future soon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anita ~ my good friend Lori lost everything when a tornado hit her town in Alabama... everything but the important things... her daughter and grandchildren. The house has been rebuilt with love... and memories

      Delete
  9. I actually loled at the "fight like a girl" comment. :D Nice, solid intentions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Paula! I made sure to put it in hot pink also!

      Delete
  10. Love the dragon and the fighting talk! I'm loving the simplicity and focus of your board. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I fight like a girl.... ahhhh how great is that! Kick *ss woman! :)
    May all your dreams come true.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Cindi,
    I love your dreamboard, especially the dragon! As you wish for yourself, I wish for you too. May your dreams come true. Greetings from France.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and reading my words...

All comments are moderated, so they will not appear immediately.