Monday, February 6, 2012

A look inside...


     I was perusing my photos this morning looking for something that would give some insight to me and found this old picture someone had tweaked.  And even tho I've had plenty of coffee so far this morning, this pretty much describes how I've been feeling lately.

     Those snakes are all the worries I've had lately, and they've been causing me to give some people looks that if I had been Medusa, I would have been able to have a beautiful garden of statues by now.

     The cyclops is in reference to my old call sign, CiClops, an inside joke at myself for my limited vision in my right eye.  But in retrospect now, I see that it could also be my inner eye representing this journey that I've started to reorganize my life.  I've been doing a lot of introspection, and reflecting on the things that are important to me.

     I was asked a question last night about how I have managed to "keep it together" this past year with all the outside pressures and factors that I have been dealing with ... alone.  I replied with another question, "What makes you think I have it all together?"  The person said that I just seem to be so mellow, and calm... and without any drugs or alcohol... so they wanted to know what my secret was.

     So here it is, to share with the world so it won't be a secret anymore...

Accept the fact that the only thing you can control in this world...
is yourself.

     Everything else in this world is out of your hands, out of your control, and the sooner you accept that fact, the easier your life will become.  All you need to worry about is you.

     Sure, there are some things that we will still worry about... like my dogs... I kinda have to worry about taking care of them, paying bills and debts, going to work, all the things that make life survivable.  But I don't have to worry about those things I cannot change and I cannot control.  Those things will all work out however they were meant to be.  We don't have to wear that Wonder Woman arm band all the time. We can be free to just be ourselves... 
"I will never allow myself to be less than I am to meet anyone's expectations."

2 comments:

  1. And remember that a lot of people are like ducks. They look serene. Their progress looks effortless. And under the water their little legs are working like crazy.
    I am a duck most days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - yes, I had forgotten that. I'm a duck most days also!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by and reading my words...

All comments are moderated, so they will not appear immediately.