Saturday, February 11, 2012

Sunday Selections (on Saturday in Texas!)

     It's Sunday Selections time again!  Time to post photos that have been hiding away in your files, photos that you may have thought would never see the light of day. a tree that you love but thought nobody else would be interested in, for example. Or the one sunset that looks good out of a million sunset photos. Find these shining examples and post them under the Sunday Selections title, then link your post back to Kim at Frog Ponds Rock, because this wonderful idea is hers. You can use random photos, or choose a themed set, or just put up one single photo.   Add your name to Kim's linky list, then leave her a comment.  And remember... at some point in time, Saturday in Texas is Sunday in Australia!

     All of these are pictures from the mermaid half bathroom I had under the stairs of my Florida townhouse back in the day.  The "border" I created on the wall from beach sand, Modge Podge craft glue, and a little bit of fabric paint for color with wood and resin embellishments.  


This was the white sand end of Panama City Beach.

And this is the brown sand beaches everywhere else!
Except maybe the Bahamas with their pink coral, or Hawaii with the black volcanic ash.






I have little jars of beach sand that I've collected from all the different beaches I've been to...
from Alaska to the Bahamas to Scotland to California to Florida!





A few mermen to keep the equal opportunity critics happy.


   


This was a quilt applique that a friend made for me
which I embellished with sequins and other fun stuff.
And this is my land-locked mermaid tattoo




6 comments:

  1. I love the quilt applique. The detail in that is amazing. Also your own tattoo.
    What a fun bathroom. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is quite a collection you have there! I'll have to show my mum, she loves mermaids too. And I LOVE the sand in bottles collection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely,happy and fun collection of images. Thankyou for the smile Cindi. I hadn't thought of beaches having brown sand, as all the beaches here the sand is white.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim, you'd be amazed at all the different beach sands I've collected. The sand of Elbow Cay, Bahamas has tiny bits of pink coral in it. St. Augustine, Florida is all Cocina Shells, broken or whole. Panama City, Florida is white from the quartz deposits offshore. At Cook Inlet, Alaska the sand was like tiny stones of grey and black. Poolewe, Scotland it was brown. I've had work friends send me sand from Guam and the Philippines.

      Delete
  4. What a joyful bathroom. Mermen eh? I never knew..., but it does solve the puzzle of how merkids are produced ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd like to believe that mermen were like sea horses and carried all of the pregnancy... lol

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by and reading my words...

All comments are moderated, so they will not appear immediately.