Sunday, February 19, 2012

Sunday's Selections

     As part of Kim at Frog Ponds Rock's meme, these are some random photos I took this past week ~ and a video clip ~ of fishing at sunset.  We were on our small motor-less john boat ~ the rowing keeps me from getting bat wings.  In the video clip you can hear how loud the birds were.  They were settling in for the night in the reeds and trees.  The guys only caught three bass ~ good eatin' size ~ but they made me laugh so hard on a really bad day that I was grateful I didn't choke on my snot.


I know it looks like these were just ugly dead trees, but they were actually covered with noisy birds.  I just couldn't focus in on them well enough in the dusk light.


     These photos were taken on a different day at the same lake...

    It's Sunday Selections time again!  Time to post photos that have been hiding away in your files, photos that you may have thought would never see the light of day. Find these shining examples and post them under the Sunday Selections title, then link your post back to Kim at Frog Ponds Rock, because this wonderful idea is hers. You can use random photos, or choose a themed set, or just put up one single photo.   Add your name to Kim's linky list, then leave her a comment.

5 comments:

  1. There is something magical about the sky reflected in water, and you have captured it. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sky is gorgeous in these shots.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks Cindi I enjoyed your video, I enjoyed your description more though batwings and choking on snot lololol Thanks for joining in with your beautiful photos and thankyou for the smile

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, Kim, my husband usually just asks me to go fishing so that I can help row, but I do have darn firm biceps for a 50 year old compared to some of the women I graduated high school with!

      Delete
  4. Beautiful coloured sky. I could hear the birds in the video. Must be so peaceful and calming to spend an evening there.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and reading my words...

All comments are moderated, so they will not appear immediately.