Saturday, February 4, 2012

Trusting that path...

     "Bring Me your weakness, and receive My Peace.  Accept yourself and your circumstances just as they are, remembering that I am sovereign over everything.  Do not wear yourself out with analyzing and planning.  Instead, let thankfulness and trust be your guides through this day; they will keep you close to Me.  As you live in the radiance of My presence, My Peace shines upon you.  You will cease to notice how weak or strong you feel, because you will be focusing on Me.  The best way to get through this day is step by step with Me.  Continue this intimate journey, trusting that the path you are following ..." ~ Sarah Young ~ 'Jesus Calling'

     There has been a trend in this week of messages I've 'received' about accepting and trusting myself.  As well as messages about not letting circumstances overwhelm and stress me.  Perhaps they are not messages for me... but for you, reader.

     This week has been one filled with losses... a co-worker lost her ex-husband, which was more tragic for her children who lost a father.  Another co-worker lost a father... and yet another lost a husband.  My husband lost a friend and 'brother.'

     It seems difficult to find the thankfulness in the events of this week, but the message of taking things step by step... one day at a time... seems to be the one thing to cling to at this time.  Letting sadness and grief overwhelm us can put us in a downward spiral where we lose our focus on the path.

     There is also a message of cherishing the time we have with those we love, for we never know what tomorrow brings... or if we will even be blessed with one.

      Carpe diem... Seize the day... and hold it close to your heart.  Be thankful for those in your life whose love you share.  Every day is a gift.
... that I am so thankful for...

1 comment:

  1. Oh yes. We need to tell the people we care about just how important they are. Often. Thanks for this post.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and reading my words...

All comments are moderated, so they will not appear immediately.