Wednesday, February 15, 2012

What do you wish for the world...

    This wish that Jamie Ridler prompts us with on this Wishcasting Wednesday is one that can be interpreted many different ways.

     But whatever your beliefs ... whatever your faith ... we must recognize that we cannot continue to "have our cake and eat it too."  There cannot be double standards.  We cannot profess to want to 'save the Earth' and continue to abuse it.  We cannot say we are for freedom, when we hold prisoners.  We cannot say that we are for life... when we cause death.  We cannot say we are for equality... when we hold people back.  We cannot say that we are for the future... when we refuse to learn from the past.

What are your limits?
     What I wish for the World... for the Earth... for the Universe is that we would realize that you and I are the same.  That he and she are the same.  That we are the same, regardless of the color of our skin, our language, our faith, our sexuality...

     We are all composed of atoms designed to give us life... and that life is what we should cherish.  All life.  

     Because life is precious... 

     Life is short... 

     Life is... 

     Life.

     As I wish for the World so I also wish for you...

20 comments:

  1. Beautiful.
    As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish for peace, for an end to injustice, and an abolition of poverty.
    I wish that no mother should risk getting her legs blown off getting fresh water for her children while other people flush their toilets with drinking water. So yes, I wish for an end to inequality.
    While I am wishing, I would like world wide tolerance.
    Big wishes all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. Such wisdom in your post, Cindi! I love your acknowledgement of the shortness and preciousness of life. I think if we all truly grasped just how short it is, we'd do more with it for the people that we knew were to come after us - whether or not they were people of our blood.

    As you wish for the world, so I wish for you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply lovely... so beautifully written. I so agree ((hugs))
    As you wish for yourself, I wish for you (us all) as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very clear intention.
    As Cindi wishes for the world, so I wish for her also.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great wish. As Cindi wishes for the world, so I wish for her also.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful wish ~ As Cindi wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

    ReplyDelete
  8. As you wish for your world, Cindi, so do I wish for you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's sad to think that with all of our 'wisdom', the world hasn't figured this one out yet. A beautiful wish I'm happy to support. As you wish for yourself I wish for you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. As you wish for the world, so I wish also.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Let our actions be our words. As you wish for yourself (the world) so I wish for you also.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes, that we would see past our confustion, cut through the ways in which our action don't manifest our values--I wholeheartedly wish with you. As you wish for yourself (the world) so I wish for you also.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for sharing so transparently...you are correct: when we choose to love and embrace and cherish and respect, the opposite (the "less than") cannot exist in such a space. As you wish for world, and for your self, so I too wish for you as well:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful wish - so eloquent!
    As you wish for the world, and your self, so do I wish for you and the world.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely. As you wish for yourself, so I truly wish for you also.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cindi, how beautifully stated. Thank you for sharing and I too share in your wish.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great wish! As you wish for yourself, I wish you for you also.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Vindi,
    Beautifully wished. It went straight to my heart. As you wish for yourself, I wish for you too.
    Greetings from France.

    ReplyDelete
  19. As you wish for yourself, I wish for you also! : )

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful… As you wish for yourself, I wish for you too.
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and reading my words...

All comments are moderated, so they will not appear immediately.