Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Where do you wish to be fierce?

     I missed blogging yesterday.  Really missed it.  It was a day which probably would have been more enjoyable if I had taken the time to stop.  Regroup.  Breathe.  Slow down.  Write.

Be fierce at being yourself.
     It is Wishcasting Wednesday with Jaime Ridler and she asks where we want to be fierce.

     Where.  Not how.  Not why.  Not what.  Not when.   Not who. 

     Where.

     I want to be fierce here.  Today.  This life.  I want to be fierce at the doctor's office in asking questions, getting answers, understanding options.  I want to be fierce at home in taking time for myself, my needs, my time spent writing.  I want to be fierce at the job in standing up to those who try to insult my intelligence by thinking I can't see through their lies and deception.  I want to be fierce at finding another job, expanding my writing opportunities, and getting out of Texas.  I want to be fierce at succeeding, thriving, growing, being, living, healing, helping...

     I want to be fierce.

     I also want to be fierce in this advice:  if you've had a full or partial hysterectomy because of pre-cancerous dysplasia... and you think you don't ever have to suffer through another exam with ice cold speculums, microscopes peering into your most intimate place, and a room full of strangers... think again.  Dysplasia does not discriminate.  If it can't have your cervix, it will be just as happy with your vaginal walls.  And like cervical and ovarian cancer... there are no symptoms with VIN 2 or vaginal cancer until it is almost (or is) too late.  It is a rare cancer, but it is there, it can happen.  I know.

     If you haven't had a female exam in ages because you thought you didn't have to anymore... pick up the phone and schedule one now.  If you know a woman who thinks she is free and clear because she doesn't have those pieces or parts anymore... share this with her.  Ten minutes of hide and seek under the sheet may save your life... or hers.

     Be fierce in your body.

7 comments:

  1. As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you also! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello Cindi, beautifully written. I didn't see your name on the list today on wishcasting? They need to hear what you are saying... I know I am scheduling an appointment for next week... I was under that assumtion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to scream loudly YES! reading this wonderful post. Thank you. As you wish for yourself, I wish for you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have always had an exam but this year my doctor basically felt I didn't needone - I am going to have to go back! Thanks!
    As you wish for yourself, I wish for you as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry. And I hope that you are able to be just as fierce as you need. Sending hugs from afar.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wishing you all the fierceness you need to persevere! As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rooting for you too.
    Btw, your link at Wishcasting Wednesdays leads to previous week´s entry (Feb 15th)
    As Cindi wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and reading my words...

All comments are moderated, so they will not appear immediately.