Friday, April 13, 2012

2 Corinthians 4:13

13 It is written: "I believed; therefore I have spoken."  Since we have that same spirit of faith, we also believe and therefore speak...

Because He believes in you...

     2 Corinthians had so many 13th verses to choose from that it was hard for me to select one.  All of them were relevant to different times and people in my life, and all of them in my growth in Christ.  I finally decided on this one because it is in that same spirit of faith that I have felt moved to speak.

     I wasn't always so sure of my faith to be able to speak about it.  I avoided friends and people who seemed eager to push their faith and beliefs on me because they just seemed so artificial.  Some of them were.  But now I realize that some of them were just so excited to share something so wonderful, so powerful, so life changing.

     I knew that I believed from a very young age, but I just wasn't sure how to share that belief, that faith, with others because I was still trying to figure out exactly what it was myself.  God just seemed so far away at times, and I felt so insignificant.  But He has never left me, and He has never stopped showing me that I am significant.  That you are significant.  He gave... so that you might live... before you were even born.  You are so significant to Him, He wanted to be sure that you would always know that you are loved.

     When you have faith to stand up for your beliefs, to speak out for your beliefs and your faith, you are sometimes the encouragement for others to believe and speak.  Even if you are standing alone in your faith, or standing alone in your belief, you can still believe that you are never alone.

     This journey that I have been on ... reading the Bible and writing on a 13th verse from each book in the New Testament has been a time of growth for me and each month I am excited to see where the next book will lead me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and reading my words...

All comments are moderated, so they will not appear immediately.