Friday, April 20, 2012

Five on Friday ~ "It's Alive!"

     This has been an incredibly difficult week for me so my high fives will be simple.  I'm linking late to Maxabella loves... who is grateful for fresh starts... as am I.

Monday... I'm alive AND have angels for co-workers who pick me up in the morning to drive me to work and then bring me home again.  I know that this paralyzing fear that I have right now is a mental reaction to change... even though it is a change for the good and I'm going back to things familiar to me and it is truly a fresh start.  I've just made SO MANY starts in my life (not always fresh, new, or good) that I just am ready to stop.  To be able to make this fresh start the first page of the last chapter.

Tuesday... I'm alive AND at least a few people get my warped sense of humor AND the ones that don't can't fire me (no matter how much I wish they would).  I know I will get a new job soon, and the fresh start will give me the opportunity to shine without someone judging me.  Even if I don't get a new job right away, I will still have my sense of humor.

Wednesday... I'm alive AND have angels for neighbors who let me borrow their car to get dog food.  So grateful for this fresh dog food that won't make the dogs fart.  I know that doesn't have anything to do with a fresh start, but at least it rhymes with fart.

Thursday... I'm alive AND have angels for neighbors who offer to help me out on what will soon be my LAST day in Texas.  Why is it always that when you meet new people, and have a fresh start at making some lasting friendships, it always seems to be at a time when one of you is leaving?  Growing up a military brat I should know that is the way of life for military families, but it still seems so frustrating that those friendships wind up being 90% email, snail mail, and phone calls.  I really miss the potluck game nights, and hope for some fresh starts when I get home to Florida.

Friday...  I'm alive.  And it is a fresh start to the day and weekend.  Rains are forecast for today, to give the earth a wash, and a fresh start to the weeds that will grow in my recently mowed lawn (by one of those angel neighbors I might add).

10 comments:

  1. You are alive, you take beautiful photos, and many of us here in the blogosphere love to read you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for that. Without those in the blogosphere, I think I would have been lost by now...

      Delete
  2. What a lovely post. So brilliant that in a difficult week you found so many things for which to be grateful. Good luck with the job search!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I don't think it will be difficult, just time consuming. I'd much rather just stay home and write. If I don't have a job lined up before I leave, I've told husband I'm taking a 2-6 month 'sabbatical' to write the next book.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like you do have some very lovely coworkers and neighbours. May you find some lovely new neighbours in your new place too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know some there already, so am looking forward to meeting other renters. It will be nice just to get back to familiar ground...

      Delete
  4. You're surrounded by such good support, Cindi. Ever so grateful for that! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are alive! Something amazing to always be grateful for.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and reading my words...

All comments are moderated, so they will not appear immediately.