Friday, April 6, 2012

Five on Friday ~ Slowing down

Fridays seem to be coming faster these days.  Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday are just a blur.  It's a good thing... but I miss times when life is running just a bit slower.  Linking up with *Maxabella Loves... this morning for 52 Weeks of Gratitude to try to slow me down...

Monday ~... the weekend was a difficult, but today made up for it just in feeling connected again to the world, and especially to my husband.  He grounds me... and brings joy to my soul.  I love the evenings when we both slow down and talk on the phone before we go to sleep.  We discuss all the activities/decisions/events of the day as if he were right next to me in bed.  Love him.  Miss him.
Tuesday ~... one of the angels at work, June, pulled me aside this afternoon and prayed with me.  The warmth, prayers, and love that have been surrounding me lately has really been lifting my spirits.    When I slow down to think about all of the amazing people I work with, I know that I'm going to miss quite a few of them.  The office can be a bit of a Peyton Place at times with the gossip and politics, but there are quite a few unique angels there who occasionally show their wings.

Wednesday ~... cards in the mail today from my nephew, Jordon.  He rocks.  These were just what I needed. Hunting for four-leaf clovers is slow business, and it warms my heart to know that Jordon found TWO that day and chose to share one of them with me.

Thursday ~... finally some clarity on options for getting back to Florida.  Now to just decide.

Friday ~...a day off because I couldn't find anyone who would be able to give me a ride to work.  Whatever the reason, I'm grateful for it.  I really need to get some rest.  I'm exhausted and in so much pain lately.  I'd love to turn my stressed into desserts but not so much a sweets person.  Well... maybe for some gummi bears I could make a sacrifice and throw myself on them.  I have much to do today, but my body is telling me I need to slow down and go back to bed for a little while longer.  It will all still be here when I wake up... except maybe for the trash which was just picked up, causing my big dog to bark loudly which woke me... he is so protective of me these days.  Love him.

6 comments:

  1. Sometimes a day off to rest is just meant to be. Sounds like you have a lot to be grateful for this week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I do have a lot to be grateful for ... especially the opportunity to stop, slow down, and relax occasionally!

      Delete
  2. Sometimes Mental Health or Physical Health Days are essential. I hope you were able to do some lovely things on this unexpected day off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is so true! I think we should talk to management about getting them added to our sick and annual leave so that we don't have to take them as sick days at times!

      Delete
  3. You've made some new blog changes again, Cindi. Each time I'm here you've done a spot of redecorating. I like that - I imagine the same would be true if I was visiting your kitchen table for a cuppa as well!

    I need a day off too. One day soon, I hope! I'm pleased you feel more rested. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I needed a way to promote my books more and thought this would be the easiest way. And I do a lot of redecorating in my home as well. Odd crafts, rearranging things, repurposing others. I've always found the kitchen and bathrooms to be the easiest to redecorate if you have a basic wall color. Simply swap out accessories!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by and reading my words...

All comments are moderated, so they will not appear immediately.