Friday, April 27, 2012

Five on Friday...

Monday... I opened my day planner/journal to this week and read a reminder that I had taped in there two months ago.  Apparently my subconscious knew just what I would need to read and when.  "I love who I am and am grateful for the journey that has brought me to this place."  I know that lately I've been whining commenting quite a bit about this "journey" and "this place" but in all honesty, I am grateful.  I've learned more about myself in the last 20 months than I probably have in the last 50 years.  I have been forced to not only peel layers, but to dig deeper into my heart and soul to know just what it is I want, and don't want, but also I've found out who I really am.  Bedtime... I'm exhausted and stressed, but have found I'm sleeping better just knowing that not only is there a light at the end of the tunnel... but the end of the tunnel is getting closer.

Tuesday... my Note from the Universe reminded me of something today that I've been overwhelmed by... Maxabella loves blogged about them a few weeks ago and called them "Self-induced Annoying Things."  She talked mostly about those little things that need repairs around the house that we just continue to overlook rather than take the five minutes to fix them that it would require.  Mine... not such an easy fix.  My note today said that the reason our human brains are so much larger than most of the other creatures on this planet is so that we can imagine all the details of my heart's desires; "not so that you can figure out who you need to meet, when you need to meet them, where you need to be, or how you're going to pull it all together."  Thank God.  Imagining all of my heart's desires is so much less stressful than all of the other things I've been worrying about for the past few months.  I am grateful that I can take that "SAT" and turn it over today.   Bedtime... I lie there thinking of all the things I'm going to do once I am "home" again, and all the self-induced annoying things I'm actually going to enjoy having to do.

Snow day!
Wednesday... Karen at This Old House 2 recently rescued a dog.  Not just any dog, but probably the wisest dog since my own Trooper.  His name is Frasier, and he is handsome.  You can tell by the pictures she posts that he is at home with her... and it is a home that he was always meant to be in.  I am so grateful for my pound puppy, Trooper, who at 73# pounds is no longer a puppy, but a strong, comforting weight against my legs during the day, and against my back at bedtime.  I'm also grateful for my rescued pug, Henry, who was named after Thoreau and always provides me with reasons to smile as he watches videos on the computer over my shoulder, or shares his sugar boogers with me in the morning.

Thursday... I have a short-timers attitude at work.  It isn't making me do less work, or slack off on the quality of work that I do, but seems to have wrapped me in a "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a darn" attitude when certain people want to push my buttons and try to spoil my mood.  I wish that it could be put into a liquid (non-alcoholic, of course) to be shared with my co-workers.  It might ease some of the stress that everyone is feeling with workloads that seem to double overnight like rabbits.  Bed... time... I'm enjoying the comfort of my bed, the way the mattress conforms to my body, and the way my down comforter folds around me.  I know that once the movers come in a week from tomorrow, I will be sleeping on the hard floor until they get to Florida.

Friday...  coffee... Friday... can there be anything else to be more grateful for?  Oh, and of course, bedtime tonight and the thought of sleeping a little late in the morning...

11 comments:

  1. See, SAT can be a comfort. Just another reason to keep putting up with it all! (My hub read my pst and promptly went and fixed the freezer drawer. Progress!)

    Have a great week, Cindi. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every now and then we have to drop a hint the size of a bomb on them. Works every time. ;)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Frasier really is a handsome dog, and so obviously at home now.

      Delete
  3. Trooper and Henry are beautiful. Hope you get to enjoy a sleep-in this weekend. And then more coffee?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ack! Coffee maker packed! Off to Starbucks!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. You also! Wishing you wonderful weeding and beautiful flowers.

      Delete
  5. How clever your subconsious is! That's giving me chills. Wishing you a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think everything happens for a reason, so I've come to believe that my subconscious is being controlled by a Higher Conscious!

      Delete
  6. I'm with you re: bedtime Friday, and I love that on Saturday & Sunday I can enjoy my coffee, rather than glup it down in a rush!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and reading my words...

All comments are moderated, so they will not appear immediately.