Saturday, April 28, 2012

Selections...

     I am linking to the beautiful photo selections of Kim at FrogPondsRock and The Elephant's Child.

[Kim's Linky Blurb: She take a lot of photos and most of them are just sitting around in folders on her desktop not doing anything. She thought that a dedicated post once a week would be a good way to share some of these photos that otherwise wouldn't be seen by anyone other than her. So she has started a photo meme that anyone can join in and play as well. The rules are so simple as to be virtually non existent. Just add your name and URL to the Mr Linky. Publish your photos on your blog using the “Sunday Selections” title. Link back to her.]

     I had not planned on participating this week because I've been in a deep, dark hole most of the week and so far this weekend.  A hole where there are no answers.  Only questions, and not the type of questions most like to answer.  Questions like ... what makes life worth living?  What is your reason for waking every day?  Questions that don't really have a definitive answer because there are no wrong answers, as each one is personal, and right for that person.

     So for this moment... this very second... in time... these are my answers... and I hope that tomorrow I find more...
Trooper

Trooper being my rock (Tink is now at Rainbow Bridge)


Me and Mom when I saw her last in 2007

Trooper and Henry

Oreo... patiently waiting for me to come home


16 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Cindi!
    I love the story pictures tell.
    I hope today finds you in a much better headspace. Here's to the week looking up for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carmen. I wish the packing leprechauns would sneak into my house this week. So much to do and so little time. I worry that I will leave so much behind...

      Delete
  2. These are beautiful moments in time. Wonderful animals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are my closest and bestest friends.

      Delete
  3. Oh yes. There are many, many things I tell to the cats and no-one else. They have often licked away salty tears as well.
    This set of photos strikes me as an awesome Sunday Selections post.
    PS: While I usually play this meme is all Kim's inspiration. I cannot claim any credit.
    Hugs from afar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do know you cannot claim credit, but since I usually get to her post from yours, I felt I had to include you in the journey...

      Delete
  4. Trooper and Oreo look like perfectly good reasons to get up and about each day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And they are. Trooper has a very cold nose which always seems to find my armpit when he is checking to see if I'm alive or not.

      Delete
    2. Oreo is also waiting for me in Florida, he escaped the car the day we left in Sept 2010, and has been waiting for me to come home since then. I raised him from the time he was 2 days old, and he will be 9 years old this year.

      Delete
  5. Hope you'll feel much better soon. Sometimes life is just shit, but it does get better, given a chance. Your furry friends are gorgeous. Sometimes I don't know what I would do without mine, to be honest. They are so important. And I have to say: I have a weak spot for pugs. I luuuuve Henry! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it does get better... given time. I just feel so often now like it is time I no longer have. Henry is my 4th pug and I really don't think I could not have pugs anymore. Once covered in sugar boogers and getting used to their snoring... it would be a hard thing to live without.

      Delete
  6. You and your Mom look so much alike! She looks very proud to have you as a daughter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I think she is even more so now. We talk every night, sometimes several time s a day. Her heart beats for mine, as mine beats for hers.

      Delete
    2. Mom and I discussed this photo (she, like I do, does not like photos of herself, and thought she looked cheeky in this one. But when I told her of your comment, she said it could stay.

      Delete
  7. trooper is a gorgeous dog!! wow!

    i hope that you find your way out of rabbit hole soon... i hate it when i go there... and i know sometimes it seems to just hold on and on and on....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been in the rabbit hole now for almost two years and it seems at times to just get deeper and darker. I hope that when I get to the beach again, I will be able to wash away all the dirt and be refreshed.

      I had a DNA test done on Trooper once because the pound said that he was lab and pit mix. People can be so paranoid about pits - and often unnecessarily so (it is people that make bad dogs, not the dogs themselves). He had no primary contributors that they found but is a secondary mix of Borzoi, Collie, Boxer, Whippet, and... Chihuahua. I think they must have started small and worked their way up.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by and reading my words...

All comments are moderated, so they will not appear immediately.