Wednesday, April 11, 2012

What do you wish to jump into?

     Wishes are being cast at Jamie Ridler Studios on this Wednesday morning.  You can join in if you like.  Having a circle of people sharing your wish... sending prayers your way... is something I think we all can use.

     What do I wish to jump into?

     The first thing that comes to mind is life... but I'm sure that comes to the mind of most, and as with all of Jamie's prompts, I think this one has a much deeper answer to it.  We all jump into life... whether we crawl [aching and groggy] out of bed in the mornings... or leap out with excited anticipation, coffee pot already auto-brewed our first cup of mo-jo juice even though the added caffeine is not necessary. 


I want to jump back into bed...
     I'm a crawler, by the way, in search of my first cup of coffee.

     We can jump into our work, a job or starting our own business.  We can jump into following our dreams.  We love to jump into a lake on a hot summer day and to jump into someone's arms.   We jump for joy and jump on our beds. Sometimes we feel jumping off a cliff.

     This morning, [if I must be honest, and I must] I really want to jump back into bed.  Curl up with my dogs.   Sleep for 48 hours.  Because in the past month I've not been sleeping well at all, and it is taking its toll on me.  The exhaustion is making me depressed and I have no motivation to do any of the purging and packing that I must do.  I want someone to jump to help me... jump to motivate me... jump to move me... jump to hire me....

     I guess I will just jump into this pile of work instead.

26 comments:

  1. Wishing you a night of sweet, sweet, blissful, restful, sleep, and soon!
    As you wish for yourself so I wish for you as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is always the weekend... :)

      Delete
  2. Cindi, I know too well how you feel. I have not been sleeping since I had the baby back in August. I know you don't get as much sleep but over the past month I have become somewhat an insomniac. The baby sleeps well now...I still don't. I love your post my dear! I hope the sandman finds his way to your house and gives you the rest you desire. As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you as well <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sure know how you feel about going back to sleep. I would love to sleep for a week! I hope you give yourself all the rest you need so you can do your Beautiful Work with ease and feeling happy : ).

    As you wish for yourself so I wish for you also. Love, Karina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I can't imagine how it would feel if I were trying to care for a baby on top of all of this right now. You are stronger than I am!

      Delete
  4. I wish for a long, restful sleep for you. And then I wish for a big leap into a fun, exciting life. :) Get packing - that fairy tale waits for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm making baby steps in the packing. One closet at a time, one wall at a time.

      Delete
  5. cindi,
    Oh how I wish I could come up there and help you. Most of the time downsizing is a good thing, it allows new things into your life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This downsizing has been good for me. I'm sharing family heirlooms with cousins that have kids so that I know things will stay in the family when I pass. It's a good thing.

      Delete
  6. Sounds like you need that time in bed...take it! As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you also.”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been indulging in cat naps in the afternoon. The dogs of course want to make them all day naps, but they have all day to sleep while I'm at work.

      Delete
  7. I know this feeling, and I wish you could do just that, take a long nap with your dogs, rest and have sweet dreams. As you wish for yourself, so I also wish for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jill. Long naps come on the weekends, short naps during the week. But the boys are happy just with napping either day.

      Delete
  8. Cindi, things sound pretty overwhelming there right now. All of the things you wish for yourself, I wish for you also. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tracy, thank you. I'm learning that making lists and taking things in groups has started to make it less overwhelming!

      Delete
  9. Wishing you "sweet dreams"...
    Yes, a restful sleep will give you the "jumpstart" you need! ((hugs))
    Sending prayers of must needed rest, peace, and a Guardian Angel to the rescue. :]
    As you wish for yourself, I wish for you as well.
    Take care, dear one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, April. I'll ask my Guardian Angel to move all the heavy stuff and get the stuff out of those top cabinets that short me can't reach!

      Delete
  10. If you think about your own needs, do you -need- more sleep? If so: go do that! Have a nice sleep and enjoy your to do lists :)
    As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do need more sleep during the week, but it is hard to get. I wake up extra early to catch a ride to work with a co-worker, and for some reason they frown on napping on the job. I'll have to find the scientific research that shows an afternoon nap actually makes us MORE productive!

      Delete
  11. As you so wish for yourself, I wish for you also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tracey. I love your tea cup image! It looks so comforting!

      Delete
  12. I will help you jump. As Cindi wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucy, thank you thank you thank you!

      Delete
  13. I would very much like to jump into the water at Antarctica. Again. Sleep has its charms too. As you wish for yourself, I wish for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope that your Antarctia waters were not freezing cold! I can't wait to jump into the water back home and know that "this too shall pass" and soon I will be back home.

      Delete
  14. Hi Cindi,
    How I know that feeling of wanting to go back to bed right away! Resting from time to time is OK, right?
    Thanks for your comment on my blog.
    I send you sunshine from Bordeaux.
    As you wish for yourself, I wish for you too.
    Sabrina S.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and reading my words...

All comments are moderated, so they will not appear immediately.