Saturday, May 5, 2012

Cinco de Mayo...

     This post is dedicated to my mom because today is my 50th birthday.  Actually... as my mom likes to point out... today is the day I start my 51st year.

     I want to say thank you, Mom, for choosing to give birth to me.  I know that in 1962, there weren't really many other options, but as with all things, where there is a will, there is a way.  Thank you for choosing life for me.

     Thank you for always believing in me, for encouraging me, and for pushing me to become a better person.  Thank you for setting the example for me of what kind of humor it takes to survive this world.  Thank you for loving me.

     Thank you for talking with me every night, for laughing with me, crying with me, and just providing those long distance hugs that keep me from feeling alone in the dark.

     Thank you for being you... and being a part of my now.  I love you, Mom.  Happy Birth Day!

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by and reading my words...

All comments are moderated, so they will not appear immediately.