Wednesday, May 23, 2012

What do you wish to walk away from?

     I've walked away from a lot in the last month.  And looking back over the last ten... twelve... years I realize that I've walked away from so much time and time again.  It feels at times as if my life has been nothing but walking away from things and people.

     I suppose it is one of the 'complications' of growing up in a transient military lifestyle.  You learn quickly that nothing lasts.  Friendships.  Homes.  Schools.  It can all change in the blink of an eye.

     I'm tired of walking away from things.  I want to walk towards something instead.  I want to walk towards healing, health, and happiness... towards security, sincerity, and serenity.  I want to walk towards financial freedom, friendships, and a future filled with possibilities.

     If there is anything I want to walk away from... it is my past.  My history.  I'd like to take the lessons learned and be able to forget the tests.

Walking towards my future...

7 comments:

  1. As Cindi wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes as someone who has also had a transient lifestyle I relate to this. As you wish for yourself so I wish for you also x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cindi, this is lovely. I agree with you about the letting go of the past except for the memories. I feel the same. As you wish for yourself, I wish for you also.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As you wish for yourself, so too do I wish for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really lovely.

    As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Cindy,
    Hope you'll develop roots so you lose that transient impression. May your wishes come true!
    As you wish for yourself, I wish for you too. Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog.
    Cheers from France.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful. I want to walk towards all those same things.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and reading my words...

All comments are moderated, so they will not appear immediately.