Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Ephesians 6:13

"13 Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand."

     Recently I've been facing some unexpected evils... in the form of people I thought I could trust... people I thought were friends... people who hurt me... broke my trust... caused me pain. People who lied to hurt someone I love because they saw a way in... saw a way to manipulate me through my fears and worries. People who took advantage of me and the fact that I want so much to believe that there are still good people in this world.
     
     The day of evil came and I stood my ground. But not against who they wanted me to, not against who they expected me to. I almost ... almost ... lost everything because of their lies. I almost made a mistake and had someone I love put away for a long time because of their lies, tricks and deception.

     I stood. But I will never really trust again, and never really believe again that there are good people in the world. I will always keep everyone at arm's length from now on. 

     I will stand with God, but I will stand with only the ones that I love and can trust at my side... and that is a very short list.
Take a stand.


1 comment:

  1. Oh Cindy. I am hurting with you and hurting for you as I read these despairing words tonight.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and reading my words...

All comments are moderated, so they will not appear immediately.