Saturday, June 9, 2012

I was...

I WAS...
someone who trusted
someone who would give you the shirt off my back if you needed it more
someone who believed that people were ultimately good
someone who believed that random acts of kindness would grow love in the world
someone who hated to take, but was always willing to give
someone who struggled with asking for help, but would drop everything to help someone else
someone who just wanted to make a difference in the world even if no one ever knew my name.

I AM...
someone who was betrayed
someone who was used
someone who was abused
someone who was stolen from after I opened my home to homeless "friends"
someone who was lied to and is being lied about
someone who no longer trusts
someone who no longer believes
someone who never again will open my home, my house, to help others
someone who will never again give freely

I AM....
someone who hates this person they have made me
someone who hates those people who have hurt me
someone who hates this feeling of distrust, fear, and loneliness
someone who will survive no matter how hard they try to destroy me

I WILL BE...
someone who is better than them
someone who is wiser
someone who will take this lesson, learn from it, grow from it and change because of it
because

I AM A SURVIVOR
I AM A FIGHTER
I AM SOMEONE WHO DOES NOT GIVE UP
I AM SOMEONE WHO WILL NOT TURN INTO THEM
I AM BETTER THAN THAT NO MATTER HOW MUCH THEY HAVE HURT ME NOW
I AM BETTER
I AM



2 comments:

  1. Cindi, that was so hard to read, I can't imagine living with our pain. But you will make it through - just look at your own last paragraph. They won't win and you will trust again. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said. Now, hard as it can be, go live those truths. Knowing that you do have support.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and reading my words...

All comments are moderated, so they will not appear immediately.