Friday, July 13, 2012

Philippians 4:13


13 I can do all this through Him who gives me strength.

     This scripture has been in my thoughts almost constantly lately.  In my thoughts and on my lips.  I've been facing trials and tribulations that I never anticipated.  What has kept me (almost) sane when everything else in my life seems like it is going crazy has been the thought that I am never alone.  He will not forsake me.  He will never leave me.  With God, all things are possible, and I can overcome anything with Him who gives me strength.

      For some, they may seem like just words written at a time when men needed something to believe in.  For those who believe, they are words of promise.  I am nothing without Him.  All that I have, all that I can do, is because of Him.

     When I look back at where I have been, what I have come through... I see that He was with me always.  He has always been with me, even when I turned my back on Him.

     Some have their security blankets, rabbit's foot, lucky penny, or charms that they feel give them strength.  I have my Father.  I have His Son.  I have the power of the Holy Spirit.  I have my faith.  When all else has failed in this world... I can do all this through Him who gives me strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and reading my words...

All comments are moderated, so they will not appear immediately.