Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Taking a leap...

     I blogged [here] about stepping out in faith last week and pledging to support a local Christian radio station, WAY-FM.  In truth, it was a HUGE leap of faith for me.  I have just $16 in my bank account and I pledged $10 a month.  My first month is covered but then... I have faith that God will figure it out because He has control of all things in my life.  The good.  The bad.  The ugly [which, by the way, is me in the mornings without coffee].

     Here is what I didn't share and how this all has just turned into such an amazing blessing.

     Normally I listened to Family Life Radio [also an awesome Christian radio station, but I didn't know WAY-FM was even on the air].  During a thunderstorm two weeks ago, I came in from walking Trooper and found that my radio in the living room had changed to WAY-FM.  So I said "Okay, God, I'll listen to them."  [I mean, really, who wants to argue with God when He is always right, ya know?]

     Last week they started their pledge drive for support, and as part of the drive, they were doing drawings for various items... gift cards for gas or stores and iPads.  When I first started feeling God press on my heart to donate, I thought about doing it just to try to win one of the store gift cards.  But I realized that I wouldn't be doing it for the right reason, and I kept looking at that balance in my bank account and thinking I really couldn't afford it.

     But God kept pressing and I finally reached for the phone and made my pledge.  I hadn't been paying attention to the gift drawings and wasn't even sure if my name would go into any hat or not.  I made my pledge strictly in faith that He would take care of everything else in my life.

     When I hung up the phone, they started talking about the upcoming drawing, just twenty minutes later, for an iPad.  I knew then with a certainty that I can't explain that my name would be drawn... and it was.

     In all honesty, if I had known I was going to be a winner, I would have pledged during one of the gift card drawings because I really could have used that instead of an iPad.  I even tried a few times to get through to the station to tell them that I really didn't need an iPad and they could use it in another drawing.  But the lines were always busy.

     Yesterday I got a call from the local station manager asking if I would much rather have a gift card, instead of the iPad.  I said yes.

     I am overwhelmed with gratitude at how God is so good, and so true to His promises.

"He has delivered us from such a deadly peril, and he will deliver us again. On him we have set our hope that he will continue to deliver us, as you help us by your prayers. Then many will give thanks on our behalf for the gracious favor granted us in answer to the prayers of many."
~ 2 Corinthians 1:10-11 ~ 
God is good all the time, even in times of darkness.

2 comments:

  1. How simply wonderful. And that photo of the light coming through the clouds is spectacular.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and reading my words...

All comments are moderated, so they will not appear immediately.