Monday, September 10, 2012

Remembering...

These photos were all taken on Labor Day Weekend, 2001.
I thought I had lost them, but recently found the disk so thought I would finally share them all. 
The world was different then.  We lived without fear.
I blogged here about where I was that day.
That day also became part of my book Eagle Visions.
On my facebook page, someone commented about how lucky we were that we hadn't been there that day.
In the towers.  On 9/11.
But then he said that in the year 2000, he had turned down a job on the 90th floor.
I commented that he was the lucky one, and later this....
"Yet, we are each here for a reason, and all things can be turned for His good. We share our stories of survival so that those who come behind us can survive and believe and have faith. This life... is just a Rest Stop on the Road to Something Better..."

I wish these pictures weren't all that I have to remember the towers by.
I wish they were still here.
I wish that day hadn't changed the world.
I wish it hadn't changed me.

But it did. 



View of the WTC Towers from the Statue of Liberty

View of the Statue of Liberty from the WTC Towers

View of the Brooklyn Bridge from the WTC Towers

On the ferry to the Statue of Liberty.
Looking down from the restaurant at the top of one of the WTC Towers.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and reading my words...

All comments are moderated, so they will not appear immediately.