Friday, September 28, 2012

Five on Friday...

     No, not the movie.  Nor the deadly sins.  A few weeks ago a fellow blogger pointed me to a web page for Sevenly.  They are a group of really incredible people who each week create and promote a [very cool looking] t-shirt design and then donate $7 from each sale to their charity of the week.

     Today on Facebook, they challenged all of their fans to think of seven things over the weekend that they are thankful for.

     Just seven?  I can think of many more than that, especially after looking at some of the past charities that Sevenly has supported.

     I am thankful to be able to take a breath of air, to be able to see, hear, speak, taste and touch.  I am thankful to have a roof over my head, electricity, and clean running water.  To have food and a bed to sleep on.  I am thankful to have a friend with a car who doesn't mind driving me around to run errands and go to doctor appointments... and to be able to walk when she cannot.  I am thankful to be somewhat healthy right now.  I am thankful for answered prayers... and the knowledge that sometimes no answer means something better is in store for me.  I am thankful for family, friends, my [awesome] dog and cat, and the knowledge that I never have to walk alone in the darkness.

     I am thankful to just be.  What are you thankful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and reading my words...

All comments are moderated, so they will not appear immediately.