Friday, September 14, 2012

Spite...

Spite... a noun meaning petty ill will: a malicious, usually small-minded desire to harm, hinder or humiliate somebody.  To act maliciously toward somebody.

     Neighbors of mine did something a few weeks ago in an attempt to cause me discomfort and difficulties.  Why they did it, and what they did, makes no difference, because they failed in their effort.

     But what does make a difference is how I choose to respond to their attempt to cause me harm.   Everything in life is a choice, and we are free to choose whichever direction we want to go.  We just must be willing to accept the consequences for our choices.

     I could choose to do something spiteful in return.  The consequences of that choice would be a continuing environment of ill will and negativity, something that I no longer wish to feel.

     So I choose to do this... I forgive you.


"Do not be bitter or angry or mad. Never shout angrily or say things to hurt others. Never do anything evil. Be kind and loving to each other, and forgive each other just as God forgave you in Christ." 
~ Ephesians 4:31-32 ~

2 comments:

  1. And nothing is more infuriating to selfish and spiteful individuals than when you turn the other cheek. Forgiving is one thing, forgetting another. I hope that you don't need to trust these people. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no need for them at all actually, and my life is better for it. I am 'claiming' a good weekend and wishing you the same.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by and reading my words...

All comments are moderated, so they will not appear immediately.