Wednesday, September 12, 2012

What do you wish to reflect on?

     There are several books I have gotten into the habit of reading aloud to Trooper in the mornings when we wake up.  Devotionals to get our day started off right (unlike his favorite bedtime story book which makes me smile and him thump his tail on the bed).  I'm not sure who likes the sound of my voice more... me or him... but since apart from the voices on Family Life Radio which wakes us up, sometimes I'm the only voice we hear in a day.

     But there is a voice that we hear in the devotionals I read each morning, and that is the voice and message that I want to hear in my heart.  This morning's messages were both on peace, and so it is that peace which I wish to reflect on today.

     Joyce Meyer's devotional New Day New You offered this scripture from Romans 15:13.  "May the God of your hope so fill you with all joy and peace in believing [through the experience of your faith] that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound and be overflowing with hope."

     Sarah Young's devotional Jesus Calling began today's passage with the simple sentence "Receive my peace. ... When you trust Me in a given area, you release that problem or person into My care."

     The last devotional I read from each morning is A Book of Prayers for Couples by Stormie Omartian.  I can pretty much open to any page in this small book and apply it to me or my situation.  Her words and prayers have comforted me in the darkness, and have given me peace.  Married or not, these prayers are powerful no matter what or whom you are praying for.

     Today... I wish to reflect on peace ... in my heart ... in my home ... in our world.
Sunset in Killeen, Texas

3 comments:

  1. As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful wish for peace, Cindi - both inner and outer - may it be so.

    As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am wishing for mental and bodily serenity and peace for you. Today and every day.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and reading my words...

All comments are moderated, so they will not appear immediately.