Saturday, October 20, 2012

Help One Now...

     There was [this blog] in my email in-box this morning from (in)courage.  The author of the blog, Deidra, had made a trip to Haiti as part of a group of bloggers for Help One Now.  Something that she wrote hit me hard as I was reading it.  She quoted one of the other volunteers on her trip to Haiti, Lamar Stockton, who said "God has you where you are for a reason. Don’t take that lightly."

     God has you where you are for a reason. 

     Don't take that lightly.

     What powerful words those are. God.  Has you where you are.  For a reason.

     Too often we are a "Why me?" society.  But the question should really be... Why not me?  What Deidra wrote in response to Lamar's statement was this...

     "We have the resources to help at least one." 

     That is sometimes the reason why we are where we are.  Because we have the resources to help at least one.  Help doesn't have to be financial... it can be emotional, physical, or spiritual.  It doesn't have to be Haiti... it can be Africa, Japan, the Appalachians, or your own neighborhood.  It doesn't have to be food... or clothes... or school books.  It can be hugs, laughter, and just someone to make a difference, even if for an hour, to show that they are not alone.

     To show that someone... somewhere... cares.

     I have the resources to help at least one.  You have the resources to help at least one.

     Won't you help one today?




    

4 comments:

  1. I love this! Thank you for spreading the word. Spreading the love and Light. Yes, we CAN change the world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are a group of volunteers and opening a new scheme in our community. Your web site provided us with valuable information to work on. You’ve done a formidable job and our whole community will be grateful to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I try and help. Often. I beat myself up for not doing more, but at least a part of me knows I am doing what I can.
    You too can help someone today. Please start with yourself. From what I have seen you are much, much harder on yourself than on anyone else.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sue... I am... and I do... but I think we all do that to ourselves.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and reading my words...

All comments are moderated, so they will not appear immediately.