Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Releasing my past... making room for my future...

     I've had much going on in the last few weeks and have not been able to blog as frequently as I would like to.  Life happens.  As a result, I missed joining in with Jamie Ridler Studios last Wednesday, and so am taking the time this morning to combine two of her blog prompts into one message.

What do you wish to release?
What do you wish to make room for?

     I've realized lately that too often our past clings to today and clouds up our future.   Like wearing dirty glasses, we try to find our way but often stumble over the wreckage left by what we have experienced.  We try to step over the memories and clutter, but sometimes become distracted by "what if" and "if only" thoughts and statements.

     I look at things around me and realize what I have lost and how much my life has changed.

     What if I realized how much more room I have for the things that will come?

     If only I saw the promise of tomorrow, how much more joy would today hold?

     Today I am releasing my past, throwing away those dirty glasses, and making room for the promises of tomorrow and all the gifts that it will bring.

"For the past troubles will be forgotten
and hidden from my eyes.
“See, I will create
new heavens and a new earth.
The former things will not be remembered,
nor will they come to mind.""
~ Isaiah 65:16-17 ~

6 comments:

  1. This was an awesome post, so inspiring. Dealing with Mom in a long term acute care facility and the next phase of placing her in a nursing home has resurrected memories in me and my sister. Good memories mainly for me and bad for my sister. But hurt overall for what we have to do. My mother has not been dealing with this very well, and I get that, because nursing homes are the last home, you know? But she is also a lonely bitter woman in many ways (too much to talk about here). What your post did for me today is to look for the positive things in my life and not give in to the despair, sadness, hurt, grief. Those are all acceptable emotions to a degree, but not to give in to. What if I look back on the good times, what if I look at what is best, what if I look at my daughter and see this wonderful creation she is, this beautiful child? Thank you, Ci, for putting things in perspective for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As Cindi wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a lovely wish! As Cindi wishes for herself, so I wish for her also. Blessings!~diana :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Making room for tomorrow ... making room for tomorrows ... a beautiful wish!!!!

    As Cindi wishes for herself, so I wish for her also

    Callie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great wish. As Cindi wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am full of awe (as I so often am) at your strength. Letting go and moving forward sound so easy, and are so hard. And yet, your feet are firmly planted on your future road.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and reading my words...

All comments are moderated, so they will not appear immediately.