Saturday, October 13, 2012

Rock solid...

     Recently I watched one of Joel Osteen's messages titled "Thank God in Advance."  It was a powerful and encouraging message about faith.  Faith in what we have not yet seen, or received, and being grateful for what we know that we will receive because of His promises to us.

     Even though we often feel like we are unheard when we pray and ask for help or 'things,' we are heard and the answer is often on the way as soon as we ask.
 
“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” 
~ Jeremiah 29:11 NIV ~

"Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God," 
~ Romans 4:20 NIV ~

     Faith is much like exercise.  The more we exercise, the stronger our muscles become.  The more we have faith that God will answer our prayers, the stronger our faith becomes.  The stronger our muscles become, the more we are able to do.  The stronger our faith becomes, the more we are able to share it.  When we can exercise more, we become physically healthier.  When we can share our faith more, we become spiritually healthier.  We become "rock solid" physically and in our foundation.

     Monday I will have an interview for a job out of state that will offer me new opportunities.  I am thanking God for that job, for those opportunities, and for a vehicle to get me there.  Because I have faith, because I am standing on His rock, and because I believe that no matter what, God answers prayers.

2 comments:

  1. As you know I am not a believer. However, I am sending my good wishes your way and I really hope that the job interview goes your way and gives you that fresh start.
    PS: I love the heart shaped rock between Hope and Faith.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sue ~ As you know I am, and I keep praying for you and that one day I will rub off on you. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and reading my words...

All comments are moderated, so they will not appear immediately.