Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Self-expressions...

     Jamie Ridler asks this question today ... "What do I wish to express?"

     I wish to express my emotions more so that I will stuff them less and not feel the physical affects of unreleased anger and grief.  I never had good examples when I was growing up of a healthy emotional release, and as a result I tend to stifle my negative emotions... which turns them into physical pain.

     I wish to express my gratitude for those who have helped me... who are helping me... and who might help me tomorrow.  Words cannot express the thankfulness that I feel for all of these people in my life.  I hope to one day be able to repay them... or pay it forward to someone else.

     I wish to express the creative muse in me that longs to spend hours... days... weeks... months writing all of the stories and ideas in my mind.  The creative photographer in me who traveled to Europe and walked the streets imagining the lives that lived hundreds of years before me ... the creative baker and gourmet cook who opened my home to friends and made them drool with the smells of what was being created in my kitchen for their enjoyment ... the creative crafty side of me that once made earrings to match every outfit in my closet ... the creative seamstress who designed skirts and gifts for the holidays...  I want to express my creativity again.

     I wish to express who I have become on this journey of life.  The woman who has become stronger, kinder, wiser ...

     I wish to express myself in a way that will be remembered with love...

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful and lovely wishing post. As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And it seems to me that you are well on your way to achieving those wishes.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and reading my words...

All comments are moderated, so they will not appear immediately.