Thursday, October 18, 2012

Writing again...

     I blogged [here] the first part of my latest project, Cierra's Soul, and this week I have started writing again.  The fingers are dancing and anxious to get to work.

     As I write, the story frequently unfolds in new directions, often to my own surprise.  Yesterday, I was lead to a vineyard in North Carolina which [with their permission] will now become a character in the book.  Now you know where this story is set, although it will also be set in Mississippi, and I promise my Alaska [Trooper's Run & Eagle Visions] fans that Cidney and Dan will make an appearance.

     The Raffaldini Vineyards and Winery.  I've never been there, but hope to visit one day since they are located near my mom.  Their estate looks beautiful, and very relaxing.

     I spent a Saturday morning in Texas last fall picking grapes at the Pillar Bluff vineyard.  It was fascinating to see the process of creating wine... from vineyard to bottling.  Several years ago I visited the Ch√Ęteau Morrisette Winery in Virginia with my uncle.  When I lived in Germany as a child, it was volksmarches through the vineyards that stayed in my memory.  When I went back to the Rhine River for Christmas 2007 on a Uniworld Boutique River Cruise, it was the vineyards that made the trip magical.  One of these years I also hope to stowaway on my sis, Heather's, family trip back to Italy to see her in-laws.  To see and experience the real side of Italy, not just the tourist spots.

     As much as I love the writing process, I also love the research process of creating a believable story with locations that my readers can actually visit if they haven't already.... and places I can visit as well.  Next to writing and photography, traveling is one of my favorite things to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and reading my words...

All comments are moderated, so they will not appear immediately.