Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Dreams of Clarity...

     I dreamed the other night that I purchased the house I had lived in while I was in Texas.  I really did love that house and the humongous back yard that Trooper loved to run big circles around.

     In my dream I was remodeling the inside... pulling up the old, stained carpet and linoleum;  putting down wood flooring; painting rooms and putting up crown molding; stained glass inserts in the half-round windows; and all of the other "dream" projects I had wanted to do if I had stayed.

     When I was looking for a house to rent shortly after moving to Killeen, I looked at houses that had "forever potential" ~ whether it was a house I might want to buy one day and make my home. The house I finally rented had the top four things I wanted in my forever home.

#1 ~ A big, fenced in back yard with room for veggie and flower gardens [with the surprise bonus of a pergola perfect for wisteria, morning glories, moonflowers, and climbing roses].
#2 ~ A fireplace with a beautiful mantle that made the living room feel like a room I could live in.
#3 ~ A large kitchen for entertaining [and dancing].
#4 ~ A huge master bathroom with a garden tub [perfect for relaxing bubble baths while sipping wine and listening to relaxing music].

     Mostly tho... it had potential.
That dream house with a fresh dusting of snow.
     What I have come to realize with my dream the other night is that sometimes, what we really want is right under our nose and we just don't realize it.  The clarity I received from that dream is that right now I am "remodeling" my life.  I am "rebuilding" and "redecorating" it room by room.  I'm purging, creating, changing....  The potential is me... and in making my dreams come true.  I left that dream house in Texas, but there is still the potential to find it again somewhere else... or to build it wherever I am.  Because no matter where I go... there I am.

Warmed inside and out...

6 comments:

  1. This is lovely. As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I admire the clarity you already have. As Cindi wishes for herself so I wish for her also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's amazing how strongly houses can affect our emotions in dreams. Whether a childhood home or a house only visited in a dreamscape, they can make you feel like it's the place you truly belong. As you wish for yourself so I wish this for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this, Cindi. It's great that you were able to relate your dream to what is happening in your life right now. That takes great clarity. As you wish for yourself so I wish, wish, wish for you also!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and reading my words...

All comments are moderated, so they will not appear immediately.