Thursday, November 8, 2012

Un.Believe.Able.

     That wonderful opportunity I was so excited for yesterday?  It was too good to be true.  It was nothing more than a scam to try to get money.  This morning their "HR Manager" had a totally different personality.  I know that you can't tell much by "chatting" but little things popped and caught my attention.

     Suddenly she goes from spelling "cheque" to spelling it "check."  From being professional and polite, to starting responses with "listen."  Grammar went right out the window for a "woman" who said she got a BA in Accounting from Louisiana State University who lives in New Jersey.  I know that there can be minor mistakes in spelling and grammar when typing quickly, but how often do people change their way of speaking and writing overnight?

     What about an accountant who is interviewing and hiring me, but is not even able to tell me the name of the accounting software that I'm expected to purchase on their behalf to work with?  Really?  Do I look like I just fell off a turnip truck yesterday?

hrmgrshirelle (12:23:52 PM): Alright i want you to know that your check has been sent out and it will be getting to your home by tomorrow or next ok

cindic1980 (12:24:08 PM): the check is for...?

hrmgrshirelle (12:25:34 PM): for the purchase of your softwares and training equipments 

cindic1980 (12:26:01 PM): They cannot be purchased by the company online and shipped to me? 
Asking because it seems it would save time because I would need to wait for the check to clear before making any purchases

hrmgrshirelle (12:27:27 PM): No the company do not specialize on accounting softwares thats why you will be geting it from the local vendor

cindic1980 (12:27:48 PM): What is the software name?

hrmgrshirelle (12:28:42 PM): listen once you have the check and the funds 
you will be provided with all list of softwares and equipments ok  And you will be refered to the local vendor whom the company has been working with for years where all employees do get their softwares and equipments from  that is where you will be getting your from also

cindic1980 (12:30:40 PM): You have a local vendor even tho the Panama City office has not yet been established?  
Is it a Florida local or national local?

hrmgrshirelle (12:31:37 PM): listen you will be notified once you have the check ok

cindic1980 (12:32:28 PM): I am listening, and what I am hearing concerns me about the legitimacy of your business.

hrmgrshirelle (12:33:51 PM): like i told you this is a legit company 
so you dont have to be worried about any thing because you are at the right company at the right time ok

cindic1980 (12:34:47 PM): I'm not getting that feeling today, so will be sending your check back to you when it arrives.

hrmgrshirelle (12:35:46 PM): alright i have to call the company accountant to hold your check ok  So no problem

     No, it won't be a problem for me, but I imagine that if I had tried to cash or deposit that check it would have been a very big problem for me.

     I'm back to square one, but the rock I stand on will keep me grounded.

A faithful person will be richly blessed,
but one eager to get rich will not go unpunished.
~ Proverbs 28:20 ~
NIV

The Lord detests people with crooked hearts,
but he delights in those with integrity.
~ Proverbs 11:20 ~
NLT

2 comments:

  1. Hiss and spit. One step forward... I so hope that today brings better tidings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, hiss and spit fire. I am trying hard not to be completely devastated and discouraged by all of this. I just cannot comprehend dishonesty because it is so foreign for me to even consider being.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by and reading my words...

All comments are moderated, so they will not appear immediately.