Wednesday, November 7, 2012

What change do you wish for?

     Jamie Ridler Studios challenges us this morning with that question.  She is in Canada and like most of the world has watched from arm's length the battle of politics here in the United States.  We didn't get the change that many had hoped for this morning, and so I'm sure many are hoping that there will be a change in how the existing political administration does business.

     I won't comment here on how I voted or how I feel about this country's politics because I believe that if we want a change... we must be the change.

Be the change you want to see in the world.
~ Mahatma Gandhi ~

     If we want a change in how this country does business... we must change how we do business on an individual scale first.  Buy local.  Expect  better.  Don't accept less.  If we stop accepting substandard work, people will stop doing substandard work or go out of business.  If we want a leader who leads and make changes, then we need to make our voices heard now... not four years from now.  If we are to be held accountable for the work we do today, then we need to hold our leaders accountable for the promises they made yesterday.  Not just at a national level, but state, county, and city.  Be an active voice in the politics you agree or disagree with, don't just shake your head at the television and change the channel.  Speak up, speak out, get involved.

     In order for the world to change, we must change.  We must change how we think, how we act, how we live.  We must change how we see ourselves if we want to change how we see others.

     If we want a more compassionate world... we must be more compassionate.  Love more.  Give more.  Share more.  Teach more.  Feed more.  Clothe more.  Shelter more.  Adopt more.  Heal more.

     If we want peace in the world... we must start with peace in our homes.  Speak with kindness.  Hug.  Encourage.  Lift up.  Believe.

     The change that I wish for is that we would all be the change that brings peace, love and compassion to our world.

9 comments:

  1. A wish much like my own! As you wish for yourself, I also wish for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As another Canadian, I have watched the election. My hope is that can all see the future by working together and not allow your political divide to divide the nation.

    As you wish for yourself, so do I wish for you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was similar to what I wrote about too, that change begins with us. As you wish for yourself, I wish for you also!

    ReplyDelete
  5. As you wish for yourself so I wish for you also x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A wonderful wish and so well said!
    As you wish for yourself I also wish for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Neil Gaiman is a writer of great talent and, it seems, a philosopher as well. Selfishly I was going to say that I would like massive changes in my health. I have now read your post and climbed back in my box. As you wish, I wish too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue, It would not have been selfish for you to wish for that. When our bodies are healthy, our minds are healthy, when our minds are healthy, we can work to make everything else in our lives and world healthy.

      I wish for you massive changes in your health. I pray for healing for you and that you will be lifted up and made well. You are constantly in my thoughts and prayers.

      Delete
  8. "Be an active voice in the politics you agree or disagree with, don't just shake your head at the television and change the channel. Speak up, speak out, get involved." I´m taking this with me. Powerful words that can be used not only in a national election but also in something as ordinary/daily/close as the school´s hallways. Thank you.
    As Cindi wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and reading my words...

All comments are moderated, so they will not appear immediately.