Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Whispers...


I'm not a fan of Cesar Millan or his methods.  But I do like this quote:

“Spiritual fulfillment doesn't have to mean belief in a religion or disbelief in science.
... Whether one believes in an unseen, all-knowing force,
or the wonder of science and the universe,
or simply the beauty of the human spirit,
nearly every one of feels an inner longing
to feel part of something bigger than ourselves.”
~ Cesar Millan - The Dog Whisperer ~

I feel part of something bigger just by being part of my dog and cat's lives.

I feel part of something bigger every time I watch the sun rise,
a flower bloom,
and a hummingbird fly.

I feel part of something bigger just by touching the waves as they wash against the shore,
the exquisite lightness of a butterfly's wing,
and the tender softness of a new life. 

I feel part of something bigger just by the taste of a snowflake on my tongue,
the salt in tears of joy,
and hot chocolate on a cold day.

I feel part of something bigger just by the smell of flowers in the spring,
snow in the winter,
and warm bread in the oven.

I feel part of something bigger just by listening to a baby's laugh,
the rain fall,
and the whisper of the wind in the trees.

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by and reading my words...

All comments are moderated, so they will not appear immediately.