Saturday, December 1, 2012

What's in your wallet?

Pictures that make me smile...
The back kitchen door of my Grandfather's house in Michigan.
Wonderful memories there.
The last time I was there was probably in 1972 or 1973.
Grandpa died in 1979.
I miss that house.

My Dad walking me down the aisle of my 1st wedding.
1986.
I was wearing the dress my aunt and mom both wore.
Dad passed in 2007.
Miss him too.

My first cat Bandit.
I bought her for $2 in 1977 not long before my parents divorced.
She went to Rainbow Bridge in 1988.

Dad & me 1980

My first dog, Brandy.
She "followed" me home from school in 1976.
She's went first to Rainbow Bridge in 1985.
Broke my heart.

Grandpa's house again in winter.
I was probably at that house less than a handful of times,
but they left a lasting impression on my heart.

My 3rd cat, Jazzmin ~ just a little tired after playing elf.
She had a habit of flipping my 2nd husband "a bird" with her tail
when he tried to make friends with her.
He forced me to give her up in 1990 after we'd been married a year.
I should have listened to her and left him at the pound instead.

1 comment:

  1. I was going to say that you could always trust a cat's judgement and then I remembered that the psycho cat from hell (Jazz) inflicts pain on me and never on the skinny portion.
    You have some wonderful memories there - and no-one has gone while they are still remembered.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and reading my words...

All comments are moderated, so they will not appear immediately.