Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Winter wishes....

     When my father died, I wished for a holiday to erase my grief and to remember ... to find my childhood memories and the magic of Christmas again.  Uniworld helped me to fill that wish in 2007 when I was able to revisit Germany on a Rhine River Holiday Markets cruise.
 
Rhine River Cruise with Uniworld [love them!]

     The following year, I took their Danube Holiday Markets cruise and found the relaxation and creativity my soul had been craving.

     I am prompted today with a question... "What is your winter wish?" 

     My wish today is that in 2013, I can find what I lost in 2011 and 2012.  

     That I can find me again... my smile, my laughter, my joy.  That I can find health again... restful relaxation, peaceful sleep... and dream again.  That I can find my inspiration, creativity, and warmth again.

     The material things can't be replaced, and they are just things... things that don't really matter when it comes down to what is truly important.

     But the emptiness in my heart and soul for the me I have lost in the last two years ... that matters.  That is what I wish to find between now and next winter... an everlasting spring in my soul.

5 comments:

  1. Your wish, is as always, a joy. I do hope that a shooting star allows it all to come true. (My selfish wish is for the return of winter. I am melting.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful wish Cindi! Wishing you all the smiles, laughter & joy you need and wish for in the new year! (And thanks for stopping by the mountain mermaid!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finding what you lost, good wish. As Cindi wishes for herself, so I also wish for her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much heart and feeling and strength in your wish. As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful personal wish, I hope you find your smiles and all the parts of you that you wished for. As Cindi wishes for herself, so I also wish for her

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and reading my words...

All comments are moderated, so they will not appear immediately.