Friday, January 18, 2013

I'll try...

     I'm so tired of that word "try."  I've heard it so much in the past two years ... always followed by "but I tried" as an excuse for why there wasn't success.  As if just "trying" was enough at times to make up for not "doing."
     I don't want to just try.  I want to do.  I want to be.  I want to succeed.  I want him to do ... be ... succeed.  I don't want to give up or fail ... I don't want him to give up or fail.  I want to take the word "try" out of our vocabulary ... I don't want there to be an option for not succeeding ... an option to fail.  Don't just try ... do.  Trying ... sounds like there is less effort in it than doing.  It feels like doubt when it rolls off my tongue ... or when it rolls into my ear.
What do I wish to do?
I want to do it all.
I want to be a successful author.
I want to go to travel to Italy.
I want to live in a small house with a HUGE yard.
I want to succeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and reading my words...

All comments are moderated, so they will not appear immediately.