Tuesday, January 15, 2013

To Do list...

     How did it get to be Tuesday already?  There are still things to do on my do-do-to-do list for Monday. 

     Yesterday was one of those Mondays that you don't expect ... it started with the unexpected death of the one-day-old kitten I was fostering/rescuing.  A good feeding at 5am, then at 7am it was long gone.  I stared at the unmoving tiny being, wrapped in a warm towel and wondered how could it be that life could come and go so quickly.

     There were still things on its to-do list.  Like growing up.  Being cute.  Purring more.

     Next came a visit [the 3rd this month] to the car service station about repairs to my [lemon close citrus relative] car.  It was not as painful as previous visits, or as the first event of the morning.  A decision was made to NOT do a repair and the offending part was permanently disabled.  A minor inconvenience should Trooper decide to place an order at a fast food drive-thru window, but I think it would be best if I did that for him anyway.


     Suddenly more than half of my day was gone, and there were still things on my to-do list.

     I was able to check off one or two more things on my list before dark, then realized that this morning would be an early day ~ Trooper had an early drop-off at the vet's office for a dental and chest x-rays.  I yawned talked to Mom for our nightly call, and then crawled into bed.

     As I looked over my do-do-to-do list this morning, I realized that sometimes we go through life just worrying about what is on our to-do list.  Whether it is a "Bucket" list or a shopping list, we seem to get caught up in "doing" more than "being."

     There will always be things to do on my list.  Things to remember.  But I realized this morning that I need to also put me on that list.  I need to remember to just be happy.  To just be relaxed.  To just be satisfied.  To just be grateful.

     To just be.

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry that you lost the kitten. Sorry for you, sorry for it.
    Your to-do list? I never complete mine, but what I don't do today may get done tomorrow. You are so very right - we need to allow much more time for being, and stress a lot less about the doing. We are human beings, not human doings.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and reading my words...

All comments are moderated, so they will not appear immediately.