Thursday, March 21, 2013

an awesome day...

For some reason I thought today was the day to celebrate awesome students.
It was in a blog I read somewhere,
but now I can't find it.
Instead I found that the Day of Awesomeness was on the 10th,
and today was actually Common Courtesy Day ...
which was convenient because I spent the day
writing each of my students a thank you note
telling them how much I appreciated every good effort they made today.
Even if the best they could do today was to be well-behaved at lunch.

Sometimes it is nice to realize that someone notices you,
especially when you are 12, 13, or 14 years old
and autistic.

1 comment:

  1. Courteous and caring. I am sure they will remember you positively forever.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and reading my words...

All comments are moderated, so they will not appear immediately.