Tuesday, April 9, 2013

blocked by darkness ...

the darkness was closing in again
i did well to keep it outside my door
until yesterday
when it caught me off guard
and drove me to my knees in tears
making me nauseous in the process
...
i finally pushed it outside the door
closed it
locked it
shuttered the window
...
i had been trying to write again
[here]
but when i hit that wall of darkness
i could not
think
i could not
feel
i could not
write
the words were struggling to be set free
to escape
to escape
to escape

and i realized that it was
me
that wanted to be set free
to escape
to escape
to escape

and i realized what 
the wall
was for

it was to make me
think
to make me
feel
to make me
write

that story will be finished another day
because today
another one
escapes

1 comment:

  1. Very touching....escape....I have walked that walk- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and reading my words...

All comments are moderated, so they will not appear immediately.