Wednesday, April 3, 2013

day dreaming...

For as long as I can remember being in Panama City ~ as a child and as an adult ~ 
I have always loved this particular stretch of road for the trees that hang over it.
Old oak trees that I'm sure could tell many stories.
There once was an old house off to the right where that mail box is.
I day dreamed about buying it and living there.
Oak trees and wild purple wisteria.
There aren't any streetlights on this stretch of road.
I bet it is really creepy at night.
Wild white wisteria.
The property has been listed for sale for a while now as a proposed housing development.
23 acres for less than what a house would cost in some areas of town.
I would love to be able to buy it, and turn it into a shelter for abused dogs.
I would call it "Annie's Acres."
Fenced in and underbrush mostly cleared,
a place for unwanted hunting dogs to run and be loved.

3 comments:

  1. And what a wonderful dream that is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful dream, indeed. I have spent time at Panama City Beach where my grandmother lived for 10 years. I don't remember all that green, I should have ventured inland just a little! It's beautiful!.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful dream! I can see ex-racing greyhounds running there, too, fenced in and safe!

    I LOVE wisteria. We have a large one in our garden which should be starting to flower pretty soon. I just hope we won't get any more frosts to kill of the buds.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and reading my words...

All comments are moderated, so they will not appear immediately.