Friday, May 31, 2013

5 minutes: imagine

GO:

I close my eyes in the dark, hot room each night and imagine His arms around me.  Lifting me up, taking these burdens, this fear and worry.  I imagine Him whispering that He had always known I was strong enough to walk this path that He put before me, and I had done well.

I imagine warm hugs and love as I see those who have gone before me, waiting to welcome me from His embrace.  My father's face makes me smile in the dark as I imagine his arms around me.  Lifting me up, taking these burdens, this fear and worry.  I imagine him whispering that he had always known I was strong enough to walk this path that was before me, and I had done well.

I wrap my arms around me in the dark, feeling the sweat on my skin in the humid room and as the oscillating fan chills it, I feel goose bumps rise.  I imagine his arms around me once again, holding me up, sharing these burdens, this fear and worry.  I imagine him whispering that he was strong because of my strength, and that this is a path we will walk together.

I imagine arms around me in the dark.

STOP.
Five Minute Friday

3 comments:

  1. Such a heartfelt post, and so beautifully written. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And despite your doubts you ARE strong enough to walk this path and you HAVE done well. Very well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh, a path to walk together, holding us up and carrying our burdens! I'm so very thankful! Stopping by from FMF...have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and reading my words...

All comments are moderated, so they will not appear immediately.