Wednesday, May 22, 2013

How do I wish to spend my days?

The sun was out today and it was a hot day, 
but this afternoon there was a breeze blowing that helped to cool the house.
I let the dogs run in the field until their tongues hung sideways from their open smiles.
Happy to be unleashed.

After not being able to have a coherent conversation with my mom since last Thursday night ...
I was finally able to talk to her tonight and hear her laugh.
She is not yet 100%, but she is getting there.

Tonight I sat in a room with people who were filled with faith,
and we prayed,
for those with needs, those with aching hearts, and those facing trials.
We prayed for healing, for relief, for wisdom.

Tonight I let the words escape until they were spent.
Found hope in possible full time job opportunities,
and thanked God that my financial needs will be met,
if only for this week.

This is how I want to spend my days:
Basking in sunshine, cooled by sweet breezes blowing over the water.
Unleashed and happy.
Laughing with the ones I love.
Wrapped in my faith, feeling the strength of fellowship.
Writing ... hoping 
and grateful.
I'm linking with Jamie Ridler Studios tonight.

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful! As you wish for yourself, so I too wish for you as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am hoping (fervently) that all your wishes (and your dreams too) come true.
    And I am very glad to hear that your mama is starting to improve. Very glad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and reading my words...

All comments are moderated, so they will not appear immediately.