Monday, May 27, 2013

Memorial Day ...

I am grateful to live in a free county,
my freedom fought for by brave men and women,
who were not only willing to fight for my freedom,
but who were willing to sacrifice for others who were oppressed.
In countries far from their own homes,
far from their own loved ones.
Men and women who may have come home from those wars,
scarred, wounded and changed,
if they were lucky enough to come home at all.
...
I am eternally grateful to you for your sacrifice.

And while I'm not diminishing your bravery and sacrifices one iota
...
I really wish that one day the reason we have a Memorial Day 
becomes just a distant memory.
That there are no more wars,
no more sacrifices,
no more losses,
no more wounded,
and no more families torn apart.
Source: HBO

1 comment:

  1. I love the thought of Memorial Days becoming completely unnecessary. Sooner rather than later.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and reading my words...

All comments are moderated, so they will not appear immediately.