Saturday, May 11, 2013

selections #120

Mother's Day is tomorrow, so I thought I would share some photos of my mother...
That's my mom.  Front and center and not looking at the camera.
Aunt Nancy is on the left, Grandma, and Aunt Susan.
Already I can see where I got my "oh look, a chicken!" issues.
Clockwise from left:  Aunt Susan, Grandma, Grandpa, Aunt Nan
Uncle Brian, and mom ... not looking at the camera again.
My maternal grandparents were both from German families.  
Grandpa was the first in his family to be born in the United States.
This picture was taken at a lake on a family outing.
I love how they are all smiling.
We had some great family outings when I was a child.
Volksmarches in Germany that I no longer have pictures of, traveling to Salzburg; Nice; Amsterdam.
Childhood sometimes slips by before we realize how much we are going to treasure those memories.
First day of school.
I love this picture of mom in her new school dress.
I wore this wedding dress the first time I was married.
I wish now I had waited ... in more ways than one.
This picture was taken in the late 1990's.
Love it.
Love her.

Sunday Selections was originally started by Kim, of Frogpondsrock ,
as an ongoing meme where participants could post previously unused photos languishing in their files.
It is now continued by River at Drifting through life and Sue at The Elephant's Child
The rules are so simple as to be almost non-existent. 
Post some photos under the title Sunday Selections and link back to River.

2 comments:

  1. River also has German heritage - as do I. An amazing co-incidence.
    And I love (and envy) your family photos. Wonderful memories to cherish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful treasures our old family photos are! Whenever I look at old photos like yours I wonder what was happening before the photo was taken, what everyone did afterwards, what their lives were like... Do you ever haunt the virtual halls of Ancestry.com or similar places? My husband's also German on his dad's side, and I enjoyed researching his family tree, since it was quite different from my own (Mayflower pilgrims, Italian immigrant grandfather, and abandoned-as-an-infant-and-raised-by-Swedes complete ethnic mystery of my grandmother!)

    I love how your mom wouldn't look at the camera as a tyke. So cute! And I think someone said something very funny just before the "Family Outing" photo was snapped! Wonderful picture. Looking at your profile photo, I can see a very strong resemblance between you and your mom. She was lovely in her beautiful wedding dress, and I'm sure you were too, even if the groom turned out to be a lemon. ;-)

    Thank you for sharing your delightful family photos!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and reading my words...

All comments are moderated, so they will not appear immediately.